Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Week of Endings...

We had an extra busy week last week! The weekend kicked off with the airing of our Home Made Simple episode. We had a full house with two groups of friends coming over for viewing parties and had a lot of fun laughing and watching together! Here are a few photos from Saturday...

We had to include our yellow Home Made Simple aprons that we wore throughout the show.

And with the airing of our episode, our Home Made Simple experience came to an end! I'm so thankful that I still have an organized craft room to enjoy! (A few of you missed the show and asked if would be re-airing. They usually repeat episodes during the re-run season, but as far as I know, it isn't scheduled to air again anytime soon. I'll let you know if I see it scheduled to re-run in the future!

This was also our last week of ministry for the school year, which meant a full schedule of meetings, evaluation and planning for the fall, our last staff social of the semester, meeting with students, and an end-of-the-year party to recognize the seniors in our ministry and send our students off for the summer!

Two of the girls in my bible study asked if I would bake the cake for our End of the Year Party. I decorated it to reflect the Hollywood theme of the Senior Recognition night and made my signature almond cream cheese icing for the rich chocolate cake. I was really happy with how fun it turned out!

I will be sad not to meet with these sweet girls to study the Word together every week! Three of them are graduating and off to their next adventures! Three of them are heading off on summer mission trips to East Asia. I am so excited to hear their stories of how God is at work in and through them this summer!

With the crazy schedule of last week, I didn't have many chances to post! My hubby was at a planning retreat for part of the week last week and he had the camera with him. Now that our busy end of the year schedule has come to a close, I have several projects I am excited to share with you!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Congrats on your show! And having a viewing party is so fun!

Wendy Paine Miller said...

Your parties looked like a lot of fun. Those aprons were cute. I help out with a great group of teenage girls from our church...so I feel your pain b/c we will break here soon for the summer.
~ Wendy

Screen Doors Newport News said...

Thaanks great blog