Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Hey Cupcake!

While my family was visiting, we headed down to SoCo (short for South Congress) to wander around the shops. I had heard rave reviews of a cupcake stand, Hey Cupcake!, so we decided to try it out. Oh. My. Sweet. Goodness.

First of all, the cupcakes are served out of this fabulous retro camper. With a giant cupcake on top to boot! Could it be any cuter? It is definitely not your "traditional" cupcakery.

And the cupcakes? They are SO delicious. Quite possibly some of the best I've ever had. Moist and rich, with the yummiest icing that wasn't too soft or sickeningly sweet. And of course, no cupcake is complete without fancy sprinkles or adornment.

The pink and brown snowcap was my favorite. Do you love whipped cream? Make your cupcake a Whipper Snapper and get a free shot of fresh whipped cream injected into the center of the cake.

These definitely came in handy to remove the evidence. Can you really worry about a messy cheek while enjoying that sweet goodness?

My mom and I before we dug into and polished off our sugary delights. I have to tell you about this precious little blond cutie who was patiently waiting in line with her mom. She intently watched every single bite that went into my mouth, with her little jaw hanging open. I can only imagine that she was dreaming about just how lovely her little cake was going to taste when it was finally her turn to bite into that pile of icing!

I think I'm quite thankful that this little stand isn't just around the corner! I know I'd be visiting more often than I should!

9 comments:

Dawn said...

We love San Antonio and the River Walk. The next time you go down there, go to El Mercado (the Mexican Market) on West Commerce. It's 3 or 4 city blocks large! And, make sure you eat at Mi Tierra Mexican restaurant while you're there - it's fabulous, open 24-hours and you won't be disappointed.

I hadn't heard about the Cupcake trailer. Where is it located?

My Beautiful Mess! said...

I love it!! What a great place. I would love to visit there!!

Dawn said...

Hello again!

Another blog that I read just did a post about the Market... take a look!

Go here: http://anapronaday.blogspot.com/

emily freeman said...

Okay. Cupcakes are like, the best thing ever. These look so fabulous. And what a sweet comment you left on my blog! Every time I see your name, I think of those beautiful purple hydrangeas by your head in your profile photo. Love it!

Kim Hancock said...

Cupcakes are my absolute favorite dessert...or breakfast!!! Cute place!

Mary said...

Those look good...you've got me drooling on my keyboard...

The Beauty Bargainista said...

Ohhhh, LOVE Hello Cupcake! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by the blog! Maybe we can go goodwill shopping together someday! :) hehe I tent to be told I have the "touch" lol!! And I love your idea with the picutre frames! Very cool!

Anonymous said...

mmmmmm, seeing these pictures made me remember how yummy the cupcakes were and all the more sweeter to share them with YOU ;0)

Anonymous said...

thanks for the great tip! warmly, -melanie-