Saturday, August 2, 2008

Uncommon Objects

I haven't had a chance to uncover many shops in Austin yet that I really enjoy. But, I wanted to share one with you that I love to wander around. Uncommon Objects in SoCo has aisle after aisle and booth after booth filled with vintage treasures and unique items.

From the ordinary of the past to the rather unusual, you're never quite sure what you will find when you visit. It's a fun spot for a leisurely afternoon trip. Even my hubby doesn't mind tagging along since he always seems to find interesting items among the shelves. It seems that different items, shapes, and details catch my attention each time.

From well-loved everyday objects that tell of a time they were needed & used in ways that left them worn, to old pictures and postcards with scribbled labels and messages from years before, I love getting a peak at history and seeing the beauty and detail and uniqueness in objects of the past.

I enjoy seeing pieces of a past I didn't know. They don't make things today like they used to. If you're ever in Austin, it's worth a visit. You just never know what you might find that you just can't leave without!

7 comments:

Nicole said...

Those cupcakes below look so good. What a fun place to visit. I love all these shops, that would be a fun way to spend an afternoon.

Dawn said...

I guess living in the northern "burb" has limited me in finding some of these neat places that you've discovered. I showed my daughter the cupcake place and she's excited to try it out sometime. Maybe we can combine it with a visit to Uncommon Objects!

Blessings!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Wow - that is the castle of all treasure finds. I was just with my girlfriend in Dallas...she is from Austin. She owns a children's clothing store there....Bright Beginnings? I think?

My Beautiful Mess! said...

What a great store! Thanks for sharing :)

The Beauty Bargainista said...

ok, so how have I NOT been in this store? I dont travel to SoCo much, even though its like 10 minutes away from my house, I guess I should start! :) Thanks for the heads up! Im totally getting one of those birdcages! (Like I need another one, I dont even know what to do with the first one! lol)

Anonymous said...

HI Amber
I live in Cedar Park...I havent been in side this place before...looks like alot of fun.
Julia

http://julia-juliasjourney.blogspot.com/

Kristi~The Slipcover Girl said...

I'm lovin' that store!