Monday, July 14, 2008

Prize Winning Shot

I have to take a minute and brag about my talented hubby! He has taken up photography as a hobby and I love how much he enjoys experimenting with pictures. I love having so many wonderful photos to document our trips, daily life & memories.

During the year he lived in New Orleans to help rebuild the city after Katrina, doing ministry with Campus Crusade for Christ, I visited him (my then fiance) and we had a fun date night in the French Quarter.
He took this.

Fast forward a year and a half later. The Austin American Statesman, our local newspaper, is hosting a photo contest. The June category was shots of New Orleans.

Voted on by readers and selected by a professional photographer, he won!!! This appeared on the front page of the travel section in the Sunday newspaper yesterday...

His prize is one night's stay at this fabulous Austin resort and a round of golf for two!

I'm excited for this.

And this.

I'm really looking forward to a relaxing and romantic night away before our busy fall season of ministry kicks off! A sweet and unexpected blessing.

Congratulations babe! I'm proud of you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cool!!! Go Truman! :) Such a great hobby to have too . . . cuz it gives you such great memories and things to look back on of special times. Especially great for when you have kids! :)
Miss you guys!
Love, Marisa

Lauren said...

Very cool photo!

Kimba said...

How cool! That's a great photo! Thanks for sharing it.

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Yea - congrats to your hubby. How wonderful to have a get away.

Dawn said...

We don't get the Austin paper so we missed seeing it "for real." Glad you posted about it.

Congrats! The photo is awesome!!!

Blessings!
Dawn