Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Strawberry Cream Cookies

With the holiday season comes festive parties, entertaining, and baking. I wanted to share a super easy, no-mess recipe for delicious cookie bites that have a beautiful presentation. The red and white color combination is perfect for the holiday season or for a summer BBQ.

If you need a fast and simple festive dessert for a party you're hosting or to bring as a guest, these Strawberry Cream Cookies are a perfect choice!

Supplies & Ingredients:
Mini Muffin Pans
1 package of break apart sugar cookie dough
1 can of Duncan Hines Cream Cheese frosting
1 package of strawberries

Break apart the cookie dough and place one square of dough in each muffin cup. Don't worry about pressing the dough into the mold; it will naturally form to the muffin shape as it bakes. Bake as directed on the package for time & temperature.

When set but still warm, remove the cookies from the mini muffin pan and place on a cooling rack.

Wash the strawberries and slice them lengthwise into thirds (or halves for smaller strawberries.)

When the cookies are cool, place a dollop of cream cheese frosting on each cookie & top with a strawberry slice.

Since I first had this treat at my friend Kari's party, I've made them for several groups and have gotten rave reviews every time. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Carita said...

So true about this being one of the most impressive simple recipes! I'm glad you posted it as I haven't made these since I last led a small group. It just might be time to pull it out again. :)

Angela said...

Glad to see you are back! I will definetly want to make these, Arden LOVES strawberries. It's hard to keep up with blogging ometimes. It's work!! It's the downloading the pictures part!!--that's what makes it time consuming.

I'm curious to see what may be in store for you guys. Hhhhhmmm..some guesses I thought of are: 1) you're being featured on a television comercial since you guys met online and are now happily married, 2) you're possibly being picked to be on a decor/home improvement show since you guys are new home owners and you're so into decorating your house...or 3) you may be selected to host a foreign exchange student?

Probably not the last one, since you guys are practically newlyweds!

You probably think I'm a crazy person for sitting here trying to guess what is going on in your life! I'll stop typing now. :)

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Wow, that looks so yummy and, you are right, so easy! Thanks for the tip! And I love your finals week survival kit idea...also so cute!
Carrie