Sunday, December 7, 2008

Earrings & More...

I can't believe it has almost been an entire month since my last post! Where has the time gone?

Things have been crazy busy around here, from fall festivities to a staff conference straight into the Thanksgiving holiday, and now we've had our first round of Christmas parties this weekend!

We also had some very special guests who visited our home a few weeks ago, and we had to get ready for them to stop by. I can't share the details yet, but if Truman & I are selected, it will be a huge blessing and a very fun experience. I hope to be able to share some fun news in the next few weeks!

For those of you who missed me and messaged to check in and see where I've been, thank you! It was sweet to get your messages.

I've recently gotten back into making jewelry after a long break. Between getting married, traveling and moving, my bead collection was put away for quite awhile.

My sister-in-law Carita is fabulous at making earrings, so a couple of months ago, we got together and she taught me some new techniques. These are a few of the pairs of earrings that I made.

We've had another marathon jewelry making session since then and created several necklaces with some unique beads. I'll share some of those as well as soon as I have a chance to photograph them!

I have a ton of fun new things to share from my time away...from projects to recipes to excursions around town. I'll be a busy blogger for the next couple of weeks! Promise!

2 comments:

Carita said...

You are a natural! :) I'm glad we can do this together. It's so fun to share that with you, and it's extra special because it adds a little something "extra" to our wardrobe that we can proudly say we made. Let's get in some more jewelry making marathons soon, especially if we get more fun beads.

Anonymous said...

Well I must say your earrings are VERRRY cute!!! Especially the middle beaded jeweled color pair! I think it is nice that you and Carita spend some "sister" time doing this together ;0) But I have to say....That MY favorite part of this blog was just seeing the sweet little freckles on your pretty face! I have ALWAYS LOVED them! (and yes I know you don't!) But you know that a face without freckles is like a sky without stars!!!!