Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Fall Treats

Oh, the excitement that fills my heart when I see the fall candy appear on the shelves of the grocery store! And as much as I love all things chocolate...those cute little snicker bars and reese cups decked out in their fall foil splendor...what really makes my heart beat faster is the bags named Brachs filled with orange, yellow & white candy corn. What's funny is that I can't really even put my finger on the flavor or describe exactly what I love about these little candies. But love them I do!

You see, the only real time of year to enjoy these little seemingly unassuming treats is fall. The supposed candy corn that can be found by other names the rest of the year are merely imposters, unable despite their striving to live up to the sweetness and soft chewable goodness of the real candy corn stars. And so, when those last bags of Brachs disappear off the shelves around Thanksgiving, I know I must wait until fall comes again to enjoy one of my favorite seasonal treats.

Have you ever tried mixing these sweet little treats with peanuts? My mom's best friend introduced me to the addictingly perfect sweet & salty combination of goodness. A jar filled with fall candy corn and peanuts will find it's home on my counter for the next two months. If you find yourself visiting, please help yourself to this fine fall treat!

What are your favorite fall or seasonal treats?

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Hi Amber, regarding your comment. I just use regular elmers glue to attach my furniture appliques. After I glue it down, I put masking tape over it to hold it in place. I usually let it dry for 24 hours and then paint it.