Sunday, July 24, 2011

Hydrangea Love

I shared back in April that my mom had gotten me 2 hydrangea plants for my birthday. Hydrangeas are one of my absolute favorite flowers. We had them in our wedding. I love the beautiful, huge blooms and how even just one bloom looks beautiful & full in a small vase.
This plant had major transplant shock after we planted it (and I'm sure the fact that we had a couple of late snows didn't help!)  Its leaves turned brown and it was looking sad and small next to the other plant of a different variety that fared much better.  But, in the last few weeks, after a nervous call to the nursery by me earlier this spring (during which they assured me it wouldn't die even if the whole plant turned brown) and lots of care & watering by Truman, tons of new bright green leaves popped out and it began to look much healthier.  Last week, my little hydrangea plant bloomed and I had such joy in my heart to see this single beautiful bloom!  I had to take a photo to document it.  There are lots of other buds growing, so I am hopeful that there will be many more blooms before the summer is over.

No comments: