Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Happy Birthday to my Hubby!

I took a little unintended break from blogging over the holidays, but I am back and have lots of catching up to do!  We have been busy and I have several sewing and craft projects to share as well.  I hope to have lots of posts coming up in the next few weeks!

In mid December, we celebrated Truman's birthday with a 2 day celebration! 

On his actual birthday, I made him dinner (a favorite pasta dish that he requested) and a birthday cake and we had a quiet, relaxed dinner at home.  After he blew out the candles and we enjoyed dessert, he opened some presents.  We rented a movie of his choice (Iron Man 2), but I was unsuccessful in staying awake to watch, so I guess that technically he watched it alone.  Sorry babe!
The next day we headed up to Vail for a day in the mountains and he got to celebrate with some friends.  We started the day off with a breakfast date at Ludwig's, a restaurant in Vail Village that we'd been hearing over and over from friends had an awesome breakfast buffet. 
It was delicious, but just as wonderful is the view!  There is a sunroom with beautiful views of the snowy stream. 
And the coffee is plentiful in their giant mugs!
After breakfast, we headed over to the lift and Tru met up with a group of friends who joined him for a day of snowboarding.  Snowboarding is one of his favorite hobbies in Colorado, so it was a perfect way for him to enjoy his birthday with friends!
After snapping a few photos, I read at Starbucks while they hit the slopes. 

I hope his birthday was a reminder of how special he is and how much he is loved and appreciated!  I am so thankful that he was born!

No comments: