Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Deck the Halls

Christmas is one of my most favorite times of year. I can't wait to break out my wintery Christmas decorations and cinnamon candles just after Thanksgiving to deck our home with festive holiday touches.

I love to add a few new creative decorations each Christmas, and this year I was inspired to make a sparkly ornament wreath for our front door, following this tutorial. It uses a wire hanger as the base, and with ornaments I found at the Dollar Tree (plastic so they wouldn't break in the wind or opening and closing the door), I created it for less than $6.00!

Here are a few of the other holiday touches around our home:

I already have sketches in my idea book for projects to work on for next Christmas. And plans to get an earlier start on my additions next year!

I hope you are enjoying this holiday season with your loved ones and making sweet memories together.

No comments: