Ever since I first tried this recipe, I've loved how quick & easy it is while still being healthy. I can prepare the chicken to pop in the oven and put rice in the rice steamer with less than 10 minutes of prep, and go off to work on something else while dinner is cooking.
Here's the simple ingredients you'll need:
Stouffer's Frozen Spinach Souffle
4-5 large chicken breasts
olive oil spray
Preheat the oven to 350. Spray a glass casserole dish with olive oil.
1. Cut the souffle into 4 or 5 pieces in the tray. Sometimes I need to pop it in the microwave without the film for 25 seconds or so to soften it just enough to cut through it. You want it to still be firmly frozen though!
2. Using a sharp knife, slice one side of the chicken breast open in the middle to create a "pocket."
3. Lay the chicken breast open like a butterfly and sit one slice of the souffle on the bottom flap.
4. Pull the top of the chicken up and over the souffle slice, hiding the spinach souffle inside. It's ok if the chicken doesn't completely cover the souffle.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the chicken is cooked through.
How easy is that? We love to serve ours alongside whole grain brown rice and whatever other veggie I have on hand to steam or sautee as a side. The souffle gets soft and oozy as it bakes inside the chicken and adds a nice sauce to go with the rice. It's healthy and full of flavor & veggies with little work. That's my kind of meal!