Wow, I am SO completely exhausted after our first day of taping Home Made Simple for TLC! And, we still have two more days to go! But, can I even tell you how much fun we've had so far?!?!
I wish that I had some pictures to share with you, but unfortunately (though understandably), I can't post any pictures of the set or of us taping until after the show airs! I can't give you any sneak peaks of the fun projects we are working on around our house, the great hosts that we are working alongside, or the madness that is our house...full of crew, cameras & a ton of lights that I'm convinced could light a small football field!
But, what I can share with you, is my thoughts on the experience so far & the things I've learned after one day "on the set," otherwise known as our home. :)
1. The crew & hosts of Home Made Simple are simply fantastic! I can't say enough great things about them. They are so considerate and aware, they are incredibly on top of things and often think of things before we have a chance to, they like to have a lot of fun on the set in between tapings, and they are the kindest, friendliest, most down-to-earth people.
2. It is quite challenging to go to the bathroom wired with a mic!
3. A little part of me secretly wishes I had a make-up artist to follow me around for touch-ups every day! (wouldn't you?)
4. A theme of being on set is to hurry up and wait. It takes a lot of time and effort to get the mics and lights just right. And, you've got to be flexible.
5. They really do yell things like "quiet in the house" and "rolling....action!"
6. Craft services is awesome. Could I wake up to a made to order breakfast every morning, have a table of snacks at the ready, and delicious catered lunches every day? I guess if I did, I'd also need a personal trainer.
7. Speaking of personal service, I learned how to make a dish today from a personal chef to a very well-known Hollywood celeb! How cool is that?
I am so exhausted after one day on the set! I don't know how the hosts and crew do weeks and weeks of tapings! I am camped out on the couch with my laptop, a cozy blanket and the remote control. I'm pretty sure I'm not moving a muscle until it's time to climb into my bed. But, I can't wait to do it all again tomorrow!
I'll try to update again soon!